To upgrade to your RIP software to VersaWorks 6 and migrate your printer settings from Versa Works Dual you must complete the following steps.
Enter your machines SN by scrolling down and putting it in the box that says Start here by entering your product’s serial number and click Find Your Machine
- Register the machine if not already registered
- Agree to Terms of Service
- Download the 3 installer files labeled VW_Installer.part1 -3
- Download the Install Guide by right clicking and hitting save link as
- Download the VersaWorks 6 Migration tool to bring over settings, material, and machine information
- Run the first install file labeled VW_Installer.part1 and follow the on screen prompts
- It will prompt you to install a printer during installation, if you plan on migrating your settings from VersaWorks Dual, do not install a printer and select NO
- It will prompt you to restart the computer after finishing the installation. If you plan on migrating the data from VersaWorks Dual than you should not restart yet.
- Now right click on the migration zip file you downloaded named DualToVWMigrationTool and select Extract All
- Now run the VW6 Migration Tool. Windows may stop the installation from proceeding and give you a pop up, click more info and select to run anyway. You may get another pop up asking about installing a driver, and you do want to also allow the driver to install.
- After this has completed migrating your settings make sure to set VersaWorks to run as an administrator. By Default it would be located at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\VersaWorks Right Click on VersaWorks select properties > Compatibility and check off Run this program as an administrator. Select Apply and hit OK.
- Restart your PC now and run VersaWorks 6. Your printer, material, and settings should already be setup in VersaWorks 6 if all went well.
Read up on VersaWorks 6 new features here VersaWorks 6 RIP Software | Roland (https://www.rolanddga.com/products/software/roland-versaworks-6)
If you run into any problems please reach out to us at (800) 338-2238 or email techsupport@TECedu.com.