Ultimaker PLA & Tough PLA Material
PLA Material – Prints Fast and Durable
Ultimaker’s PLA is really easy to print with, it’s reliable, gives good surface quality and it’s made from renewable sources, so it’s biodegradable too. It also works perfectly with Cura material profiles.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker PLA
- If you want to easily achieve high resolution prints
- Printing concept models and prototypes when aesthetics and fine details are key
- When you’re casting metal parts through lost PLA casting
- It’s perfect for printing in education or in the office, thanks to low ultrafine particle emissions
- A heated bed isn’t necessary, it works with glue and blue tape as well
- PLA isn’t suitable for medium temperature applications (50 ºC +) or long term outdoor usage. ABS is a better material for high temperature applications and CPE for outdoor usage.
New – PLA Tough Material
Ultimaker Tough PLA is a technical PLA filament with toughness that’s comparable to ABS. Offering the same safe and easy use as regular PLA, our Tough PLA is ideal for reliably printing technical models at larger sizes.
- Impact strength similar to ABS
- Higher stiffness compared with ABS
- Less brittle than regular PLA
- Gives a more matte surface finish quality than regular PLA
- Heat resistance is similar to standard PLA filaments, so printed parts should not be exposed to temperatures above 60 ºC
- More reliable than ABS for larger prints, with no delamination or warping
- Compatible with Ultimaker support materials (PVA and Breakaway) giving full geometric freedom when designing parts
- Functional prototyping
- Manufacturing aids