Ultimaker CPE Material
CPE Family Materials – Tough, Chemical Resistant, Low Print Odor
Featuring chemical resistance and toughness, the Ultimaker CPE family of filaments is a good choice for functional prototypes and modeling. CPE+ provides the additional benefit of increased temperature and impact resistance. Thanks to Cura’s new material profiles for the Ultimaker 2+ , 3D printing your parts and prototypes is easy and reliable.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker CPE Family
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent toughness and dimensional stability
- Good interlayer adhesion, especially when using the front door add-on
- Low levels of ultrafine particles (UFPs) and volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Ideal for short run manufacturing and functional prototypes
- Transparent filament option available
Differences between Ultimaker CPE and CPE+
- CPE is available in a wide range of colors to choose from, including grayscale for more professional looking models.
- CPE’s tensile and flexural strength are higher, whilst CPE+ is formulated to be up to 10 times tougher.
- CPE+ features a temperature resistance of up to 100 ºC when compared to CPE, which is only resistant up to 70 º C.
- CPE has a better build plate adhesion than CPE+, but you won’t notice the difference when using the stickers supplied in our Advanced 3D Printing Kit.