STEAM Lessons Overview
The Ultimaker Core Lessons: STEAM Set is a collection of eight FREE lessons for STEAM educators! These eight core beginner lessons are recommended for ages 10 and up, covering key objectives like producing digital models, executing boolean operations, preparing models for 3D printing, and understanding geometry. By fusing these elements of 3D printing into their class projects, educators have further opportunities to work with students on their communication skills, build resiliency through rapid prototyping techniques, and encourage exploration of the tools at hand through defined learning objectives.
Whether you teach K12, Higher Ed, home school, or work in an informal learning environment, integrating 3D Printing into your teaching practice will help you meet the following objectives:
- Encourage students to be more responsible for their own learning outcomes, or put another way, support personal student exploration in the pursuit of a learning objective.
- Provide powerful learning aids, like Design Thinking techniques.
- Build cooperative learning opportunities.
- Build resiliency by taking advantage of rapid prototyping and testing techniques.
- Develop communication skills through continuous documentation and sharing.
LESSON 1 – Coin Traps
LESSON 2 – Pill Box
LESSON 3 – Flashlight
LESSON 4 – Potato Head Challenge
LESSON 5 – Sphericons
LESSON 6 – Creative Type
LESSON 7 – Penny Whistles
LESSON 8 – Tessellations
Class defined as one ~45 min session.
Recommended age range 10+
Category: Beginner lessons
Tags: 3D CAD, 3D printing, 3D printed, beginners, design, education
An outline of what’s included in the lessons of the STEAM Set:
- STEAM Lessons Instructional Overview
- Example .STL files
- Help Sheets
Download the zipped files and extract them on your computer to access each lesson and supporting files.