- Easy to use, full color, portable, ready to print, share and enjoy
- Professional performance at the affordable consumer price of $399
- Scan large and small objects, people and scenes, easy edit features
- New tools and Mac software with V1.1; Watch the Sense video
ROCK HILL, South Carolina –April 8, 2014 – 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) today announced the immediate availability of the Sense™ 3D scanner for Mac and feature upgrades available with Sense software V1.1. The Sense is the first 3D scanner designed for the consumer and optimized for 3D printing; it’s the only 3D scanner to deliver precise instant physical photography, so everyone can capture his or her scanable moments. The Sense is priced at $399 – call TEC at 1-800-338-2238 or email info@TECedu.com for more information. Current Sense users can download software V1.1 today on Cubify.com.
Sense has flexible scan size and can capture everything from a picture-perfect cupcake to a full-body selfie, processing data in seconds for an instantly 3D printable file. New features for V1.1 include improved scan tracking and stability, and upgraded auto-enhance that correct brightness and color with just one click. Sense comes with an intuitive user interface with easy and automated zoom, track, focus, crop, and share tools. Sense printables can be sent to Cube® and CubeX™ 3D printers, or directly uploaded to Cubify.com for cloud printing in a range of materials, including Ceramix, Aluminix and Clear.
“The Sense was an instant hit, becoming one of our most popular consumer products overnight and the easiest way for mainstream users to experience the world of 3D,” said Rajeev Kulkarni, Vice President and General Manager, Consumer Products, 3DS. “The Sense’s intuitive nature, portability, range, unmatched quality and powerful user interface and user experience has spurred a new social movement around 3D sharable and printable physical photography.”
- For your life on the go: hand-held mobility gives you the freedom to scan spontaneously, everywhere you go. The Sense is mobile-scanning compatible with the Microsoft Surface™ Pro 2 tablet.
- Scan small, scan large, scan it all: scan small and large objects, people and scenes. The Sense has the most diverse scan range in its class with auto-optimized settings for small and large objects like a book or a motorcycle, heads to full bodies and scenes as larges as 10 feet tall and wide.
- Zero-in on what matters: automatic object recognition extracts precise targets from the busiest of backgrounds, scanning only the object you want.
- Edit confidently: Sense software is intuitive, fast, accurate and easy to use. Scans process in seconds and can be cropped, auto-enhanced for brightness and color correction and solidified for printables in just minutes. No design experience is necessary.
- Mash-up your world: merge scans in Cubify Sculpt™, the ultimate consumer software for editing STLs, mash-ups and organic modeling. Full integration between Sense and Cubify Sculpt gives the creative freedom to import scans and combine them with other favorite designs.
- Physical to digital and back again: Sense is fully integrated with Cubify.com and the Cube 3D printer. Scans can be uploaded directly for cloud printing with a variety of materials on Cubify.com, or sent directly to the Cube and CubeX 3D printer.
Sense is powered by 3DS’ proprietary Geomagic® software, making the Sense unmatched in quality, scan speed and easy editing capabilities for consumers. Sense is the only consumer scanner in its class that delivers professional performance at an affordable consumer price and guarantees an awesome user experience.
The Sense is priced at $399 – call TEC at 1-800-338-2238 or email info@TECedu.com for more information.
More information on the company is available at www.3DSystems.com.